Highly Specialist Speech Therapist for Adults in Surrey and Hampshire
Help with Speech provides Speech Therapy for adults in Surrey and Hampshire with speech, language, communication and swallowing difficulties as a result of acquired neurological conditions. We treat people who have had a stroke (CVA) or Transient Ischaemic Attack (TIA) or those with progressive conditions such as Parkinson’s disease (PD), Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Huntington’s disease (HD), Motor Neurone Disease (MND) and dementia/Alzheimer’s disease.
Do you, or someone you know, have any of the following difficulties?
- Impairment of language
- Affects the production or comprehension of speech and ability to read and write.
- Normally caused by stroke (CVA or TIA) but can also be caused by other brain injuries.
“One of the gentlemen at our nursing home is being treated by Carla, his lovely Speech Therapist. He originally came to us following a severe stroke. Communication was limited, mood was low as was his confidence. Carla has changed his life. He is learning to speak again, enjoying social activities and being with others on a daily basis. He smiles a lot of the time now and agrees that Carla’s work has benefitted many aspects of his life.” RGN at a nursing home, Hindhead
- Impairment of speech
- Slurred speech – reduced clarity or intelligibility
- Changes in pitch, rate and or volume of speech
- Changes in voice quality
- Normally caused by changes to the brain as a result of stroke (CVA or TIA), head injury, brain tumour or progressive conditions such as Parkinson’s disease (PD), or Motor Neurone Disease (MND).
“Your approach to my problem was painstaking and thorough, very professional; and it certainly produced beneficial results.“ Gentleman with dysarthria, Petworth
- Impairment of speech
- Affects the ability to plan and coordinate the muscle movements needed to form speech sounds and words
- May be difficult to find the correct mouth, lip or tongue position to make sounds, or move smoothly between sounds and words.
- Most commonly caused by a stroke (CVA or TIA) or other brain injury.
“Thank you so much for all your help, it was well worth investing in your expertise and support. I wish you all the best with your business and if I find anyone ever in need of your services I will not hesitate to recommend you.” Daughter of stroke survivor, Farnham
- Impairment of swallowing
- Difficulty swallowing food or drinks
- Can include difficulty positioning food in the mouth and difficulty with sucking and chewing.
Speech Therapy Services
If you, or someone you know, is experiencing any of the above difficulties or anything similar then Help with Speech may be able to help. Please contact us on 07900 922648 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We provide a speech therapy home visiting service and see people in a location of their choice – own home, care home, day centre, support group, workplace, hospital etc.
We operate mainly in Surrey and Hampshire but we can travel further, e.g. West Sussex and Berkshire, if travel costs are covered.
In particular we cover Guildford, Godalming, Farnham, Haslemere, Aldershot and Farnborough. We are also happy to see people in Camberley, Chertsey, Cobham, Esher, Frimley, Leatherhead, Virginia Water, Weybridge and Woking in Surrey, Alton, Basingstoke, Bordon, Fleet, Hook, Hartley Wintney, Odiham, Petersfield and Yateley in Hampshire, Midhurst and Petworth in West Sussex, Ascot, Bracknell, Reading, Windsor, Wokingham in Berkshire.
If you would like to discuss your speech therapy requirements with Help with Speech then please call 07900 922648, email email@example.com or complete the contact form